WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Technical Directors, General Managers, Department Managers, Senior Engineers, Senior Specialists, Technical Specialists, Senior Researchers from...
- Body Structures
- Body In White
- Self Piercing Rivets
- New Technologies
- Sheet Metal
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Product Engineering
- Lightweight Engineering
- Operations/R&D Centers
- Material Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Car Parts Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Material Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Welding Suppliers(Ultrasonic Welding, Laser Welding)
- Bonding Suppliers
- Fastening Suppliers (SPRs)
- Adhesive Suppliers
- Forming Technology Suppliers
- Coatings/ Corrosion Protection
- Component Suppliers
- Additive Manufacturing For Vehicle Components/DMLS
- Steel Suppliers
- Aluminium Suppliers
- Magnesium Suppliers
- Advanced Composite Suppliers(I.E. Carbon Fiber Composites)
- Recycling/Scrap Metal
GALM: THE WORLD'S MOST PRACTICAL, APPLICATIONS-FOCUSED AUTOMOTIVE LIGHTWEIGHT VEHICLE SERIES
The Global Automotive Lightweight Materials (GALM) series of conferences are the world's leading conferences on automotive lightweighting.
The conferences all aim to provide practical solutions on strategic, tactical and technical challenges, and over the years more than 10,000 automotive experts have taken away invaluable insight and formed business-critical connections.
Why Choose The GALM Automotive Summit Events Over Others?
The key reason to participate and invest in a GALM automotive industry event is our in-depth research and rigorous analytical process.
- This is designed specifically to understand industry challenges as well as deliver real world solutions and unbiased high-value technical information that is perfectly relevant to the learning and benchmarking needs of the end-user (OEM) attendees.
- Our information and content is delivered through both detailed presentations and case studies on industry best practices, new technologies, innovative manufacturing processes and automation.
- These are combined with interactive industry panel sessions that are structured specifically to enable identification and discussion of current and next generation industry challenges and solutions.
As a result of this research approach, the GALM conference agendas are differentiated from others by their highly detailed technical in
formation that is focused fully on informing and meeting the needs and interests of end-users.
- Topics are only included if they tie in fully with the research outcomes.
- Our speakers and contributors are senior level engineers and technical specialists, all high experienced in their fields, who wish to engage in meaningful discussion with attendees on important industry technical manufacturing process issues as well as best practices.
In contrast many of our competitors in the market only use a 'call for papers' approach to acquire topics and attract speakers, often with no underlying analytical research to support the agenda topics offered.
- Sometimes an advisory board may be convened, but there is usually no process of actually going to the market to identify key end-user needs, both current and future.
- The end result is often an agenda with generalised topic headings and little indication of the detailed scope of the presentation with end-user issues not being properly addressed and resulting in lower numbers of attendees.
Benefit for Suppliers: Because of our rigorous research process that is implemented for each and every event, the program agendas or our GALM and BEVA events therefore present the ideal platform for suppliers to address a room full of prospective customers that are at the right stage of adoption / implementation for your technology solution or seeking to take their current manufacturing processes and automation infrastructure to the next level.
GALM Series Attendees Breakdown
The GALM Series is renowned globally for hosting the most OEM-led congresses all of which are designed carefully in conjunction with lightweight Engineers and Directors every year to ensure the most practical knowledge is exchanged at every event.
Attending OEMs Have Included
Due to the limited material, joining, forming and finishing technology and software available to OEMs globally, we always make sure delegates also come from key suppliers in the global lightweight vehicle arena, so that no influential players are left out in the cost reduction drive.
Past Sponsors & Exhibitors Have Included
Engineering Group Manager, General Motors
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
Hear OEM Case Studies, Technical Presentations And Panel Discussion To Set Future Road Maps on:
DAY 1: Cost Competitive Multi-Material Selection And Utilization
- Evaluate The Design Advantages Of Alternate Lightweight Materials As A Solution To Escalating Costs & Supply Chain Availability Challenges
- Design For Manufacturability & Sustainability Whilst Reducing Cost, With The Latest Materials Including Ultra High Strength Steel, The Current Aluminium Series, Reinforced Composites, Magnesium, Carbon Fibre & Sustainable Bio-Materials
DAY 2: Lightweight Material Selection To Improve BEV Range & Performance
- Identify The Most Suitable Material & Joining Technique For Each Part Of The Whole BEV Architecture – Including Body Structure, Battery Enclosure, Safety & Reinforcement Components
- Multi-Material Selection To Increase The Range Of BEV’s Without Increasing Battery Size
DAY 3: Joining Methodology Selection For Disimilar Materials
- Selection Of Joining Methodologies For Dissimilar Materials, Especially Components With Different Thickness
- Technology & Methodology Innovation For Mixed Materials Joining – Including Welding, Fastening, Hot Stamping, Adhesives, Hybrid Techniques & Forming
- Evaluating Solutions For Ultra High Strength Steel Joining & Addressing Corrosion Between Mixed Metal Joints