WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Technical Directors, General Managers, Department Managers, Senior Engineers, Senior Specialists, Technical Specialists, Senior Researchers from...
- Body Structures
- Body In White
- Self Piercing Rivets
- New Technologies
- Sheet Metal
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Project Engineering
- Product Engineering
- Lightweight Engineering
- Operations/R&D Centers
- Material Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Car Parts Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Material Manufacturers & Suppliers
- Welding Suppliers(Ultrasonic Welding, Laser Welding)
- Bonding Suppliers
- Fastening Suppliers (SPRs)
- Adhesive Suppliers
- Forming Technology Suppliers
- Coatings/ Corrosion Protection
- Component Suppliers
- Additive Manufacturing For Vehicle Components/DMLS
- Steel Suppliers
- Aluminium Suppliers
- Magnesium Suppliers
- Advanced Composite Suppliers(I.E. Carbon Fiber Composites)
- Recycling/Scrap Metal
Lightweight Multi-Material Selection For Automotive Body Structures & Components
2022 LIVE CONGRESS DATES ANNOUNCED:
August 23-25, 2022
At The Westin Southfield, Detroit & Online
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register interest
Lightweighting is one of the biggest challenges facing automotive manufacturers today. Demand for new lightweight materials continues to challenge engineers to discover cost-effective alternatives and develop new assembly processes.
Advanced Lightweight Materials & Manufacturing Innovation Congress 2021 gives new perspective on how engineers can find new and improved technologies for adopting lightweight materials for body, chassis, interior, power train and under-the-hood applications.
OEMs and suppliers are rushing to develop multi-material vehicles that incorporate aluminium, carbon-fiber composites, high-strength steel, magnesium, titanium, various types of foam, plastic, and rubber. They are also exploring bio-based materials. This rush is also enabling them to rethink traditional assembly processes and develop new joining techniques.
The long-term goal is to reduce overall vehicle weight to improve fuel economy and meet the evolving demands of increasingly electrified vehicle platforms. Typically, a 10 percent reduction in vehicle weight can lead to an 8 percent improvement in fuel economy. However, the big challenge is to cost-effectively join dissimilar materials while meeting increasingly stringent safety and performance standards. The baseline materials for vehicle construction, low-carbon steel and cast iron, are being replaced by materials with higher specific strength and stiffness: advanced high-strength steels, aluminium, magnesium, and polymer composites. The key challenge is to reduce the cost of manufacturing structures with these new materials. Maximizing the weight reduction requires optimized designs utilizing multi-materials in various forms. This use of mixed materials presents additional challenges in joining and preventing galvanic corrosion.
LEARN ABOUT NEW, EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES & PROCESSES For Sustainable Multi-Material Selection & Applications For Specific Structural Components
- What’s possible with the materials out there?
- Managing the steel to aluminum transition
- Capitalize on the sustainability of key materials including green steels & bio-materials
- Exclusive material focus on hybrid composites, lightweight plastics, magnesium & hybrid composites applications
- Application of multi-functionality materials
JOINING TECHNOLOGY - Unlocking The Key To Success – Learn About….
- Application of new joining technology for advanced material combinations
- Mixed panel joining methods and alternatives to spot welding
- Cost effective simulation and testing of different joints to understand the durability, safety and lifetime of different joining types
MULTI MATERIAL SELECTION & JOINING - Hear Case Studies Focusing On...
- Mixed Material Body-In-White/Body Shell/Chassis Applications
- Sheets, Pillars, Castings & Extrusions
- Roof, Bonnet, Front Section, Wings, Outer Door, Inner Door, Hood & Floor
- E.V. Battery Protection Structure
MANUFACTURING PROCESSES: Improving The Manufacturability Of Lightweight Materials...
- Manufacturing risk management and cost reduction
- Look at how new technology can help solve compatibility for mass production issues when utilizing advanced materials
- Reduce the cost of processing key lightweight materials like aluminium
- Tool setup requirements when switching between steel and aluminium
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
See OEM Case Studies, Technical Presentations And Panel Discussion To Set Future Road Maps on:
DAY 1: Material Selection Process For Specific Structural Components
- Compare Holistic Strategies – From Design To Manufacturing - On Best Practice Application Of Mixed Advanced Material Combinations Considering Cost, Sustainability And Compatibility For Mass Production
DAY 2: Joining Methodology Selection
- The Latest Innovations Advancements On Multi-Material Joining Technology & Process, With High Process Reliability, For Key Multi-Material Combinations
DAY 3: Improving The Manufacturability Of Lightweight Materials
- Manufacturability - Considering All Costs & Risks When Adapting Manufacturing Process To Accommodate New Materials, Joining Technologies & Tooling Set Ups – How To Ensure Your Multi-Material Lightweight Design Is Manufacturable